Indian weddings are like Bollywood movies – there’s music, dance, drama, and more food than you can handle. But, organizing one? Certainly not a cakewalk. Behind every fabulous wedding, there’s a lot of planning, attention to detail, and a classy marriage invitation card. Agree? But, with so much wedding information to share, deciding the perfect marriage invitation theme & design and creating a perfectly-structured wedding invitation online might seem daunting. That’s why we’re here to help. Let’s dive in and turn your wedding card dreams into reality.
How to structure your online wedding invitation?
Your wedding card provides guests with a peek into your big day. There’s no one standard, as the structure varies depending on who is hosting the wedding or creating the wedding invite, their preferences, cultural background, and level of formality.
However, here’s the order of elements you should include in your marriage invitation:
1. Traditional greeting: Consider beginning the wedding card with Namaste, Sat Sri Akaal, Assalamu Alaykum, or the generic “With the blessings of Almighty”. Doing so showcases your religious sentiments and creates goodwill & blessings for the couple.
2. Host name and details: Typically listed at the top, this section includes the names of the family/families hosting the wedding ceremony, along with their titles. It could be the bride’s family, both sets of parents, the couples themselves, or a joint affair.
Here are some samples:
Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja’s wedding was a collaborative affair, with the marriage card mentioning “The Kapoor & Ahuja Families” as hosts.
And Bipasha and Karan hosted their own wedding with words, “We invite you to our crazy, jumpy, happy wedding celebration”.
What if a parent is deceased?
Here’s how Saif Ali Khan’s mother rearranged the structure to accommodate the name of her late husband.
Begam Mansur Ali Khan of Pataudi
Requests the presence of ………… at the Dawat-e-Walima
to celebrate the wedding of her son
Saif Ali Khan
Son of the Late Nawab Mansur Ali Khan of Pataudi
So, how about divorced parents?
If divorced parents are hosting their child’s wedding, you could include both names in the marriage card but on separate lines. However, mentioning a stepparent can be a delicate task. You can do it gracefully by listing the single parent in the first line. And the other biological parent, followed by the partner’s name in the next.
Or you could use inclusive language “Together with their families, we request the honour of your presence”.
Whatever it is, before finalizing the wording, talk to the parents involved to ensure they’re comfortable with the phrasing and presentation of the wedding invitations. It helps avoid misunderstandings and hurt feelings.
It’s worth mentioning that not all video makers online will let you rearrange or add elements to their wedding templates. With Selfanimate, you can opt for customization. We’ll help you modify existing wedding invitation templates or create brand-new ones based on your needs and creative inputs.
3. Inviting guests to attend the wedding: You could either stick to regular ones like “Request the honour of your presence”, or “We warmly invite you to be a part of our special day”.
Or create fun alternatives like:
● We’re getting hitched and would like for you to join us in the celebrations!!
● We found our lobster and we’re throwing a party! Join us for our wedding.
● Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we get married! Join us for the celebration.
4. Names of bride and groom: This takes center stage, in the biggest font size. Consider including the name of the bride and groom in the correct order (the bride’s name followed by the groom’s), their title, educational qualification, and company name.
5. Date, time, and location of the wedding: Present this section in a clear and easy-to-read format, emphasizing the date and time. It avoids any confusion. Also, mention the full address and include a virtual map to enable guests to locate the venue easily.
Here’s how Kiara and Sidharth presented theirs in a simple way.
5th – 7th February 2023
6. Reception information and other event details: This section provides additional information on the events before and after the wedding. It includes the engagement and reception. Selfaminate features an impressive collection of engagement invitation cards and videos you can send separately. Just select a template, edit it with your images & personal text, add cool background music, and share it with your friends on social media. It’s that quick and easy.
7. RSVP: Mention a mail id, phone number, or the RSVP link, along with the name of the person in charge. It helps guests respond to confirm and inform their dietary restrictions or other special needs. Also, you get an accurate headcount to plan the budget and avoid overspending. Read more on the RSVP options in our earlier blog.
8. Closing words:
● “We can’t wait to celebrate our big day with you”
● “Thank you for being a part of your very special day”
● “Looking forward to your presence”
Or any other personal message to close the marriage e-card on a positive note.
9. Additional information: You can include details such as dress code, link to gift registry, couple’s contact information in case of queries, and the link to the wedding website at the bottom. Psst, Deepika and Ranvir’s was a Black-Tie wedding, and Sonam’s was Indian traditional. What’s yours?
10. Key design elements to consider: Font, colour, wedding card design, photos of bride and groom, and background music are important points to ponder. With Selfanimate, the best invitation card maker, you can choose from a range of formal to playful fonts and colours that reflect your wedding theme. We’ll help incorporate traditional motifs, florals, monograms, patterns or elegant calligraphy into the design. Also, you can add your engagement or family pictures for a personal touch. Ensure to include a high-quality photo and not THE ONE family pic where everyone’s looking in a different direction, making funny faces.
Checkout the latest online wedding invitation cards on Selfanimate:
An online wedding invitation can be simple or elaborate. It’s more about striking the right balance between tradition and personalization. We at Selfanimate offer unique, well-structured templates for free that include all key details and design elements. We also customize invites to your liking by changing the design and format with expert assistance. Don’t wait, explore our amazing video invitation collection now.